So. If you follow me on social media you may have seen a couple of weeks back that I posted the picture above. It’s my 8 week transformation from Easter Monday to the end of May.
Now firstly, let me get a few things things clear…
- I’m not posting this picture to boast.
- I’m not posting this picture to make you feel bad if you don’t have abs.
- I’m not posting this picture to make you feel sh*t if you don’t feel beach ready yet.
- I’m not posting this picture to make you think if you aren’t in shape your holiday will suck.
- I know that everyone’s starting point is different.
- I know that not everyone wants a six pack.
- I train because I love to train. I eat nutritious foods because I like the way they make me feel. This isn’t all about what’s on the outside. I feel better mentally as well as physically when I’m training hard and fuelling my body with the good stuff.
- I’m posting this picture to tell you my story and to show what can be done with focus, hard work, consistency and a plan. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Getting in shape is simple. It’s simple, but it’s not easy…
For pretty much the whole of last year my training was spot on but my nutrition was all over the shop. I travelled a lot which was totally amazing, but it meant I didn’t really have much consistency, and spent a lot of time with a pina colada in my hand 😉
From the start of this year I neglected both my training and nutrition in order to work on my website, ebook and other business projects. By Easter I was feeling sluggish, demotivated and a dress size bigger than I really wanted to be, or had ever actually been.
My motivation to get back to a shape I felt happier with was the fact that I’m bridesmaid to one of my best friends Jess in a couple of weeks. She’s getting married in Menorca which means bikinis, beaches and bridesmaids dresses! Eeeeek!
So. There’s 8 weeks in between these pictures. I didn’t do my measurements at the start which was an error, but I’ve lost over 5 kilos and I’m a whole dress size smaller. So how have I done it?
* Consistent training 5 x per week
* 3 x weight sessions
* 2 x cardio sessions (one HIIT and one steady state)
* Healthy, nutritious whole food meals
* 4 x meals per day
* 1 x “treat meal” per week
* Minimised alcohol
* Regular sports massages
* Enough sleep and rest
* Supplemented with the best quality vitamins, minerals and fish oils every day from USANA health sciences.
Simple yes? Easy to do, but easy not to do. Consistency is absolutely KEY to results.
Set a goal and work towards that goal every damn day!
PS. If you’d like a totally FREE consultation then get in touch on email@example.com