A question for you…
How are you getting on with your training at the moment? Are you seeing the results you’re looking for?
If not, why not?
Training success comes down to a relentless application of the basics.
Take a moment to honestly reflect on the following questions:
- Do you have a very clearly defined goal?
- Do you have a very clearly defined why?
- Is your training clearly focused on that goal, or are you distracting yourself with exercises seen on Instagram or some celebrity workout DVD?
- Do you have unrealistic expectations?
- Are you truly working hard when you train?
- Are you following a progressive plan?
- Are you keeping a training journal?
- Are you being consistent?
- Are you tracking your progress thoroughly?
- Is your nutrition on point?
- Are you using the correct supplements for your goals?
- Are you stressed?
- Are you sleeping enough?
- Are you having rest days?
I know you’ve heard all this from me before. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you’ll have heard it numerous times.
It all comes down to the basics.
Be honest with yourself. Ensure that you’re following these steps before trying to reinvent the wheel.